Evotec (UK) Ltd - Principal Scientist (Team Leader) In vitro Toxicology- REQ-05488
- Job Title:
- Principal Scientist (Team Leader) In vitro Toxicology- REQ-05488
- Technical roles
- Closing Date:
Are you an experienced Senior Scientist or post-doctoral researcher with experience in leading an in vitro toxicology area, with experience in a CRO or pharmaceutical environment ready for a challenge within your career? With 5+ years’ experience, wanting to change the way the world discovers new drugs? If so, then this could be the opportunity for you!
Role: Principal Scientist: Team Leader – In-vitro Toxicology, permanent.
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week.
Salary: £50,000 pa, dependant on skills and experience, excellent benefits package plus annual bonuses.
Flexible working: Site based role, with an opportunity to work from home as required.
Location: Alderley Park, Macclesfield, SK10 4TG.
Cyprotex is part of the Evotec Group, a global leader in research. With state-of-the-art facilities and technical expertise, we provide innovative and bespoke assurance tailored to each of our client’s needs. Cyprotex specialises in in vitro and in silico ADME-Tox services. This includes in vitro ADME screening to support discovery projects, regulatory in vitro ADME and DDI studies during preclinical and clinical development, specialist mechanistic in vitro human and animal toxicity models (e.g., 3D organ models and high content imaging) and PBPK/QSAR modelling expertise. As well as supporting clients directly, we have a strong focus on R&D.
Our Alderley Park site is set in the heart of Cheshire surrounded by a stunning 400-acre estate, open green spaces, and sweeping viewpoints, all within easy reach of Merseyside and Greater Manchester, Staffordshire, and Shropshire. Easy access to public transport.
As a result of year-on-year success within the company and continued business growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of the leadership group supporting our highly skilled scientists within our Toxicology team.
Role and Responsibilities
As our Principal Scientist: Team Leader, you will be leading a dynamic and adaptable toxicology group that works closely together to support, coach, and mentor one another. The team continually strive to be at the forefront of in vitro toxicology capabilities. Working with collaborative partnerships ranging from small academic groups to large international pharmaceutical and cosmetics companies in doing so, it champions the use of new science and technology to provide tailored solutions aligned to the specific needs of each client. We continually push to grow and improve our scientific offerings through bespoke projects and continual assay development. The dedicated in-vitro toxicology group currently consists of 18 team members with varying levels of experience covering a broad range of expertise in response to our growing business, we are looking for a leader to drive our capabilities and efficiencies forward to support the group’s further expansion.
- Lead, Manage and Run high- and low-throughput in vitro Toxicology assays for commercial as well as research and development activities within integrated projects.
- Define and lead assay development, contributing to R&D and improvement projects and troubleshooting of assays in conjunction with the associate principal scientists.
- Perform data analysis and interpretation, supporting clients or Study Managers with advice when necessary.
- Lead, Manage and Perform work to a high standard, within specified timelines, and within safety regulations.
- Experience in areas such as High Content Imaging (HCI), flow cytometry, in vitro toxicology assays, Seahorse and/or other molecular biology techniques would be useful.
- Support and Lead areas involved in running and maintaining robotic systems to support high throughput toxicology processes.
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific advances and regulatory guidelines in the field of in vitro toxicology.
- Adhering to our quality system and contributing to further development of our quality system via preparation and review of SOP’s.
- Interacting with our Information Systems Team to drive automation and data processing tools.
- Training our team members and ensuring the productivity of the team.
- Working closely with the study managers and/or project leader to ensure the requirements of our clients/projects are met.
Skills & Competencies (essential)
- Managing the delivery of high-quality standard assays, custom assays and toxicology work performed by the team.
- Supporting the VP, Toxicology, Innovation and Efficiency and actively contributing to the team’s operations strategy.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to manage multiple competing stakeholder relationships
- Cell culture technique in-depth knowledge and experience is preferred.
- Experience in experimental performance, data processing and result interpretation
- Point of contact scientifically for the Toxicology group, Team Leaders, Heads of Function, Business Development colleagues and Study Managers responding to client requests/questions and operational needs.
- Championing continuous improvement within the team, technical and scientific support to business development and project management groups for new and ongoing work.
- Leading scientific advances and the implementation of new technology to deliver new and innovative toxicology services to clients.
- Keeping up to date with scientific literature advances, developments, and regulatory guidelines in toxicology.
- Expertise in designing, validating, conducting, and troubleshooting in vitro assays.
- Ability to build strong relations with collaborators and clients (internal and external). Highly self-motivated and personable.
- Computer literate with previous experience using Microsoft Office and LIMS.
- Experience in High Content Screening (HCS), flow cytometry, seahorse platform and IVIVE.
- Highly self-motivated and personable with the ability to communicate effectively within a team environment.
- Previous employment within a contract research environment.
- Able to organise daily tasks, frequently work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Possess excellent attention to detail, performing work to an exceptionally high standard.
- Able to use initiative to solve problems and troubleshoot.
- Strong understanding/ capability in in vitro assay development (this could be shown by publications in relevant fields, i.e., published articles within the society of toxicology journal)
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in toxicology (or a related field) or a BSc/MSc plus extensive relevant experience of working within a laboratory environment in industry or via post-doctoral experience leadership with 5 years.
- Track record in performing influential scientific research and integrated new technologies that have improved in vitro assays.
- Experienced working within CRO or pharmaceutical environment would be welcomed.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Pension on completion of your 3-month probationary period. Contributions 5% for employees and 5% for the employer. The employee can opt to increase their contribution and the employer will match the increase up to a maximum of 7.5%.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and additional length of service days awarded on the anniversary, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Private health insurance with BUPA for the employee and their partner/family under the company scheme.
- Wellbeing support 24/7 and counselling services.
- Permanent health insurance provides 75% of the base salary after the qualifying period.
- Eligibility to participate in the Company Bonus Scheme. This is a discretionary benefit.
- Career progression within the company, we have excellent training and support and continuing professional development opportunities.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Refer a friend scheme, team and annual events, recognition awards and many more!
- The company pays for secure onsite parking.
- Restaurant, café, and a gastro pub.
- Gym and workout studio, running, walking, and cycling routes.
- Good public transport links with the shuttle bus service.
Apply NOW – please upload your up-to-date CV and covering letter to Workday. You will find the link via our website, careers.
Closing Date: Sunday 5th June 2022
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Lomas, Recruiter on 07706 353703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To view our current vacancies and more information about the company visit our website at Careers - Cyprotex.
Evotec is proud to be an equal opportunities employer, welcoming individuals regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, age, nationality, religious denomination, or disability. We match our role based on your suitability and experience.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK. We will consider European applications with the right skills and experience. All roles will be subject to a security screening check. Due to the high volume of applications, we may close this vacancy at any time once we find our perfect match.
Direct applications only – No agencies please.
#cyprotexjobs #evotecjobs #principalscientist #associateprinicpalscientist #toxicology #invitro #assaydevelopment #post-doctoral researcher #safetyassessment #cheshirejobs #macclesfieldjobs #researchneverstops