Evotec (UK) Ltd - Senior Scientist - Infectious Diseases - REQ-05689
- Job Title:
- Senior Scientist - Infectious Diseases - REQ-05689
- Technical roles
- Closing Date:
Role: Senior Scientist II, Infectious Diseases /Virology, permanent
Direct report: To in vivo Group Leader, Anti-Infectives
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
Salary: Competitive salary plus we offer a fantastic benefits package and annual bonuses.
Location: Alderley Park, Macclesfield, SK10 4TG.
Evotec is a leader in the discovery and development of novel therapeutics of all modalities with operational sites in the UK, Europe (Germany, Italy, and France) as well as the US. Evotec Alderley Park provides bespoke discovery and development services of new therapies and vaccines to treat and prevent serious and life-threatening infections arising from bacteria, fungi, and viruses. In addition, our in vivo pharmacology team is expanding to support DMPK and PD studies in a range of disease areas.
Our Alderley Park site is set in the heart of Cheshire surrounded by a stunning 400-acre estate, open green spaces, and sweeping viewpoints, all within easy reach of Merseyside and Greater Manchester, Staffordshire, and Shropshire and with easy access to public transport.
As part of continued business growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join our dynamic, high performing and friendly team of highly skilled scientists in the in vivo pharmacology department.
Role and Responsibilities as our Senior Scientist
As Senior Scientist II, a key senior role within the Evotec Infectious Diseases Department scientific team, you will participate in the inception, design, and delivery of pre-clinical studies to support multiple integrated drug discovery projects. You will also have project leadership responsibilities, interacting with a range of clients around the world to ensure timely delivery of projects within budget.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership of the client and internal projects through planning, execution and reporting phases with a strong emphasis on customer service.
- Active partner in Discovery teams to enable the thoughtful and efficient identification and optimization of drug candidates through the integration of in silico, in vitro and in vivo approaches to impact programme decisions.
- Quality control of data, preparation of formal reports for clients, and presentation of data at conferences and to customers.
- Assist business development activities through technical presentations and discussions with clients/potential clients, proposal drafting and costing.
Skills & Competencies
- Enthusiastic and flexible, positive ‘go the extra mile’ approach.
- Ability to work with a closely interacting team to deliver to tight timelines.
- Ability to lead complex projects with cross-site and cross-discipline activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a portfolio of fast-moving studies and projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including remote interactions, as well as good organisational and time management abilities.
- Comfortable in external interactions with clients and prospective clients.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent standards of data capture and data analysis as well as written and oral presentation skills.
- Problem-solver with a strong ability to implement new ideas and technologies.
- Highly adaptive and able to work effectively in a fast-moving and high growth environment.
Education and Experience
- Proven project leadership skills are essential
- A PhD or higher in a life sciences discipline with relevant focus is expected; experience of working in a contract research organisation environment would be advantageous.
- Experience of working in a containment level 2 laboratory environment is essential, as is working experience with viruses, bacteria or fungi.
- Demonstrated experience with in vivo PK/PD models is required. Possession of a current Home Office Personal Licence would be advantageous.
- Experience in the infectious disease therapeutic area, in particular in vivo pharmacology including PK/PD relationships of anti-infective drugs, would be highly advantageous.
- Familiarity with small molecule drug discovery and development, and additional experience with peptide and/or biologic drugs would be advantageous.
What we can offer you in return
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
- Pension on completion (but not subject to) of your 3-month probationary period. Contributions 5% for employees (salary sacrifice) and 5% for the employer. The employee can opt to increase their contribution and the employer will match the increase up to a maximum of 7.5%.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and additional length of service days awarded on the anniversary, up to a maximum of 30 days
- Private health insurance with BUPA for the employees and their partner/family under the company scheme
- Private dental cover, after 3 months of service
- Life assurance at four times your annual base salary
- Wellbeing support 24/7 and counselling services
- Permanent health insurance provides 75% of the base salary after the qualifying period
- Eligibility to participate in the Company Bonus Scheme. This is a discretionary benefit
- Excellent career progression opportunities within the company; we have excellent training and support and continuing professional development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme, team and annual events, recognition awards and many more!
- The company pays for secure onsite parking
- Restaurant, café and gastro pub
- Gym and workout studio, running, walking, and cycling routes
- Good public transport links with the shuttle bus service
Apply NOW – please upload your up-to-date CV and covering letter to Workday.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Lomas, Recruiter on 07706 353703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view, our current vacancies and more information about the company visit our website at Career - Evotec.
Evotec is proud to be an equal opportunities employer, welcoming individuals regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, nationality, religious denomination, or disability. We match our role based on your suitability and experience.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK. We will consider European applications with the right skills and experience. All roles will be subject to a security screening check.
Due to the high volume of applications, we may close this vacancy at any time once we find our perfect match.
#evotecjobs #cheshirejobs #scientistjobs #infectiousdiseases #invivopk/pd #pdh #lifesciences #researchneverstops