Aptamer Group Ltd - Senior Oligo Synthesis Scientist
- Job Title:
- Senior Oligo Synthesis Scientist
- Technical roles
- Closing Date:
Senior Oligo Synthesis Scientist
Location: York UK
Role: Full time, permanent
We are growing and growing fast. Aptamer Group is a leading developer of next-generation molecular tools to enable innovation across the life sciences. We employ a diverse and talented team of high calibre scientists and commercial professionals located at our state-of-the-art development facility in York, UK.
The oligo synthesis scientist will play a key role in our aptamer production workflow, they will be working closely with both the production and R&D team to fulfil customer and research related goals. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, synthesis, and analysis of oligonucleotides.
Our ideal candidate will:
- fit with our company culture.
- have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- possess good technical skills
- work alongside members of the production team in an engaging and enthusiastic manner and support the culture of timely and efficient project delivery
- be able to work as part of a highly motivated team to deliver parallel customer projects against defined specifications, to a highly controlled timeline and well-defined processes
- have excellent synthetic chemistry skills
- Design and perform automated high throughput solid-phase synthesis, purification, and analysis of novel oligonucleotides with chemical modifications.
- Operate and maintain oligonucleotide synthesis platforms
- Perform analysis of oligonucleotides by HPLC/MS and other scientific equipment.
- Perform method/process development for improved oligonucleotide synthesis and purification processes.
- Author standard operating procedures and maintain well documented records.
Required Skills and Expertise
- A PhD in nucleic acid chemistry or organic chemistry. Candidates without a PhD with strong experience in industry will also be considered.
- A strong record of oligonucleotide synthesis, purification, and analysis of oligonucleotides
- Expertise in nucleoside chemistry and chemical modifications of oligonucleotides.
- Proven ability to conduct self-directed research, troubleshooting and work effectively in a dynamic environment with a diverse team.
- Experience in using automated synthesis platforms.
Desirable Skills and Expertise
- Knowledge of aptamer therapeutics, aptamer generation, or aptamer discovery.
- Experience in using LCMS instrumentation and interpreting data.
- Background experience in development, production, and purification of novel phosphoramidites for integration into oligo synthesis workflows
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range: £ 27,500 – £31,500
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Employer contributions pension scheme
- Gym membership (David Lloyds)
- Private Healthcare
- Free on-site car parking
- Regular team events
- Located in one of the best cities in the UK
Interested? We’d Love to hear from you!
Please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.