Evotec (UK) Ltd - Associate Scientist within Analytical Sciences
- Job Title:
- Associate Scientist within Analytical Sciences
- Technical roles
- Closing Date:
As a result of year-on-year success within the company and continued business growth, exciting opportunities have arisen to join our team of highly skilled scientists in our High-Throughput Analytical laboratories.
Role and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Associate Principal Scientist within the High-Throughput Analytical group.
- Working on all aspects of MS/MS compound optimisation and LC method optimisation for high volumes of compounds using automated tools and established processes
- Co-ordination of in vitro assay LC-MS/MS support
- Troubleshooting and system maintenance and co-ordination of engineer visits
- Contributing to our Quality System via preparation of SOPs
- Laboratory support including ordering
- Equipment calibration and validation
- Aid in the development of new methods and improvements to the current analytical capabilities at Cyprotex.
- Additional Responsibilities may include:
- Interacting with our Information Systems Team to design and implement automation and data processing tools
- Producing and presenting graphs for instrument metrics
Skills & Competencies
- Minimum BSc in relevant scientific discipline covering chemistry.
- Extensive computer literacy including use of Microsoft Office.
- Produce accurate documentation and report all analytical activities and results in a clear and coherent manner, maintaining the highest standards of quality and compliance, with a high level of attention to detail and ability to work without close supervision.
- Highly motivated team player with a high level of dedication.
- Ability to learn new techniques and processes at a fast pace.
- Communicate effectively between departments and follow detailed instruction.
- Plan, schedule and carry out your work effectively for successful project completion.
Preferred but not essential
- Experience of working with LC-MS/MS techniques in support of pre-clinical small molecule assays.
- Experience with MassLynx™, Analyst™ or other Mass Spectrometry data-acquisition software packages.
- A wider knowledge of analytical support in drug discovery/development.
- A knowledge of DMPK/ADME assays within drug discovery.
- The ability to perform routine maintenance on LC-MS/MS equipment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
- 10% non-contributory Pension on completion of your 3-month probationary period
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and additional length of service days awarded on the anniversary, up to a maximum of 30 days
- Private health insurance with BUPA for the employee and their partner/family under the company scheme
- Wellbeing support 24/7 and counselling services
- Permanent health insurance providing 75% of base salary after the qualifying period
- Eligibility to participate in the Company Bonus Scheme. This is a discretionary benefit.
- Career progression within the company, we have an excellent training and support and continuing professional development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme, team and annual events, recognition awards and many more!
Role: Associate Scientist – Analytical Sciences, Permanent
Direct Report: to Associate Principal Scientist, Analytical Sciences
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £23,000 pa, plus excellent pension and benefits package with annual bonuses
Location: Alderley Park, Macclesfield, SK10 4TG.
Cyprotex, part of the Evotec Group Global leader in research. With state-of-the-art facilities and technical expertise, we provide innovative and bespoke assurance tailored to each of their client’s needs. Cyprotex specialises in in vitro and in silico ADME-Tox services. This includes in vitro ADME screening to support discovery projects, regulatory in vitro ADME and DDI studies during preclinical and clinical development, specialist mechanistic in vitro human and animal toxicity models (e.g., 3D models and MEA electrophysiology) and PBPK/QSAR modelling expertise. As well as supporting clients directly, we have a strong focus on R&D.
Our Alderley Park site is set in the heart of Cheshire surrounded by stunning 400-acre estate, open green spaces, sweeping viewpoints, all within easy reach of Merseyside and Greater Manchester, Staffordshire, and Shropshire with easy access to public transport.
- Company pays for secure onsite parking
- Restaurant, café and a gastro pub
- Gym and workout studio, running, walking, and cycling routes
- Good public transport links with the shuttle bus service
Apply NOW – please upload your up-to-date CV and covering letter telling us why you’d be the perfect fit to Workday. Click the link to our website, careers page. To view all our current vacancies and more for information about company visit our website at Careers - Cyprotex.
Closing Date: Friday 7th January 2022.
Interview Date: Monday 10th and 17th January 2022. Details to be confirmed once shortlisted.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Lomas on 07706 353703 or email email@example.com.
Evotec is proud to be an equal opportunities employer, welcoming individuals regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, age, nationality, religious denomination, or disability. We match our role based on your suitability and experience.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK. We will consider European applications with the right skills and experience.
All roles will be subject to a security screening check. Due to the high volume of applications, we may close this vacancy at any time once we find our perfect match.
Direct applications only – No agencies please.
#cyprotex #associatescientist #graduatescientist #analyticalscientist #admescientist #pharmaceuticaljobs #analyticalsciences #cheshirejobs #macclesfieldjobs