Evotec (UK) Ltd - Associate Principal Scientist - Drug Metabolism (ADME)
- Job Title:
- Associate Principal Scientist - Drug Metabolism (ADME)
- Technical roles
- Closing Date:
Direct Report: to Principal Scientist, Drug Metabolism
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package plus annual bonuses
Location: Alderley Park, Macclesfield, SK10 4TG.
Cyprotex vision is to be pioneers of innovative ADME-Tox partnerships, driving delivery of safer and more effective medicines. With state-of-the-art facilities and technical expertise, we specialise in in vitro and in silico ADME-Tox services, providing a wide range of assays tailored to our client’s needs. This includes in vitro ADME screening to support discovery projects, regulatory in vitro ADME and DDI studies to support preclinical and clinical development, specialist mechanistic in vitro human and animal toxicity models and PBPK/QSAR modelling expertise. As well as supporting clients directly, we have a strong focus on R&D.
Our Alderley Park site is set in the heart of Cheshire surrounded by stunning 400-acre estate, open green spaces, sweeping viewpoints, all within easy reach of Merseyside and Greater Manchester, Staffordshire, and Shropshire. Easy access to public transport.
As a result of year-on-year success within the company and continued business growth, exciting opportunities have arisen to join our team of 30+ drug metabolism scientists. We are responsible for delivering high quality drug metabolism, enzyme inhibition and enzyme induction data to our clients, supporting projects from early discovery right through to clinical development. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to develop in depth technical expertise across all these areas and understand how this data is utilised to support drug discovery and inform clinical development
Role and Responsibilities
As an associate principal scientist, you will be working closely with other members of the team managing both commercial and R&D projects, ensuring these are performed to a high standard and within scheduled time-frames. In addition, as a visible leader in the group, utilizing excellent communication, organizational and technical skills, you will support the training and development of staff, improving the team’s knowledge and processes.
- A senior point of contact within the group for operational and scientific support across all routine assays i.e. inhibition, induction and metabolic stability (troubleshooting, data analysis and interpretation).
- Driving assay development and validation with input into the R+D strategy of the group. Providing practical scientific guidance to others, collaborating across functions to meet project goals, and regularly presenting findings.
- Maintaining an awareness of team’s priorities to support effective planning of group’s resources for commercial and R&D deadlines. Supporting routine high-throughput screening and bespoke assays when required.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating multiple projects/activities within the group with a results-driven approach.
- Responsible for designing assays to support bespoke studies.
- Coaching, mentoring and line management of other members of the team.
- Proactively taking initiative to improve group processes and make efficiency gains in assays. Encouraging a continuous improvement culture and managing projects to completion.
- Expert scientific support for the wider company for drug metabolism studies
- Keeps up to date with scientific literature advances, developments, and regulatory guidelines in the area of drug metabolism science and informs the team of relevant developments.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- MSc or BSc degree or equivalent with significant experience working within a laboratory environment. Experience could be from within a Pharmaceutical company, Biotech, CRO or academia.
- Direct experience in in vitro drug metabolism/drug-drug interaction assays is required. Knowledge of general laboratory processes is essential and experience in the following is advantageous: liquid handling robotics (such as Tecan EVO® platform), LC-MS/MS or LC-ToFMS analysis and subsequent data analysis.
- Line management and/or direct coaching, mentoring experience is essential.
- Strong knowledge of performing and processing in vitro drug metabolism assays in-line with up-to-date regulatory guidance.
- Strong leadership capabilities, specifically the ability to coach, develop and motivate a team to continually deliver high quality data in fast-paced environment, as well as the ability to enable change and inspire a sense of purpose and direction in others.
- Possess excellent attention to detail, performing work to an exceptionally high standard, and within company and statutory safety regulations.
- Able to manage multiple activities and priorities simultaneously to achieve tight deadlines.
- Possess excellent attention to detail, performing work to an exceptionally high standard, and within company and statutory safety regulations, with good verbal and written communication skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
- 10% non-contributory Pension on completion of your 3-month probationary period
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and additional length of service days awarded on the anniversary, up to a maximum of 30 days
- Private health insurance with BUPA for the employee and their partner/family under the company scheme
- Wellbeing support 27/4 and counselling services
- Permanent health insurance providing 75% of base salary after the qualifying period
- Eligibility to participate in the Company Bonus Scheme. This is a discretionary benefit.
- Career progression within the company, we have an excellent training and support and continuing professional development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme, team and annual events, recognition awards and many more!
- Company pays for secure onsite parking
- Restaurant, café and a gastro pub
- Gym and workout studio, running, walking, and cycling routes
- Good public transport links with the shuttle bus service
Apply NOW – please upload your up-to-date CV and covering letter to Workday. Click the link to our website, careers page.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Lomas, Recruiter on 07706 353703 or email email@example.com. to view our current vacancies and more for information about company visit our website at Career - Evotec or Careers - Cyprotex.
Evotec is proud to be an equal opportunities employer, welcoming individuals regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, age, nationality, religious denomination, or disability. We match our role based on your suitability and experience.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK. We will consider European applications with the right skills and experience.
All roles will be subject to a security screening check.
Due to the high volume of applications, we may close this vacancy at any time once we find our perfect match.
#cyprotex #seniorscientistjobs #associateprincipalscientist #admescientist #pharmaceuticaljobs #drugmetabolism #dmpkscientist #cheshirejobs #macclesfieldjobs