GlycoScoreDx Limited - Project Manager
- Job Title:
- Project Manager
- Technical roles
- Closing Date:
This role offers an exciting opportunity to join GlycoScoreDx, a new start-up company based in Newcastle. Our focus is on prostate cancer, the most common cancer in men in the UK. A significant unmet need exists for a reliable diagnostic test early in the care pathway which would ensure that patients receive appropriate and timely treatment for this disease. We are seeking an experienced project manager to oversee the development of this exciting new test for Prostate Cancer.
The ideal candidate for this role will have previous project management experience, ideally developing immuno-diagnostics to CE/FDA standards. Together with the Research/IVD Technical Manager this Project Manager role will be responsible for co-ordinating development activities. The role requires the ability to communicate well with both internal and external partners and to work effectively within a small start-up organisation. Ensuring that Company milestones are met, while maintaining quality standards, will be the key to success in this position.
The position is based at the International Centre for Life, Newcastle with occasional travel to partner locations.
You will report directly to the CEO.
- Take responsibility for all project management activity as part of a small cross functional team
- Act as primary project communication link to key outsource partners
- Responsible for overall delivery within the project
- Take responsibility for liaising with and ensuring effective communication between in-house staff and external partners
- Ensure excellent communication between the project team(s) and senior management.
- Work with all stakeholders and members of the team(s) to ensure delivery of projects on time and within agreed budget.
- Maintain the tracking of deliverables and budgets (in-house and external)
- Take responsibility for grant budgets and deliverables, including reporting activities
- Escalation and resolution of project issues, trouble shooting and root- cause analysis for GlycoScore’s Executive Management.
- Proven leadership and experience of successfully managing the delivery of a CE/FDA approved kit within a diagnostic company
- Evidence of the ability to translate knowledge into practical achievements
- Experience of stakeholder management; ability to communicate and tailor communication to the audience (internal, external clients, regulatory authorities)
- Proven ability in project managing scientific projects.
- PM Certification or equivalent (e.g., Prince2)
- Experience of working in a commercial organisation.
- Experience of working in a quality led environment, preferably under ISO13485.
- A degree/background in science, preferably the life sciences.
- A highly motivated, organised, proactive and enthusiastic individual with a proven ability to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Flexibility/ability to adapt to a changing environment as the Company matures.
- Outstanding team player with great communication skills
- Project management skills
- Computer competency (MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email, Microsoft project)
Job Title: Project Manager
International Centre for Life, Newcastle
Responsible To: CEO
Negotiable based on experience
Please reply with CV and covering email to: email@example.com