Hart Biologicals - Research Scientist
- Job Title:
- Research Scientist
- Technical roles
- Closing Date:
Hart Biologicals is engaged in the research, development, manufacture, sale and marketing of a range of "in-vitro" diagnostic products for use in the detection, prevention, and monitoring of a number of medical conditions related to haemostasis and platelet function. The company provides innovative and quality medical products to meet the needs of an ever-changing healthcare field. Hart Biologicals employs 42 people and is located in the North East of England in Hartlepool.
Research Scientist Responsibilities:
• Document all aspects of research and investigations, results and conclusions in a clear and concise manner using electronic storage for final write up and laboratory notebooks/files for interim storage.
• Perform practical laboratory tasks for Design History/Technical Files and for the investigation of technical issues as directed by Research and Development Manager.
• Report project status to management. • Develop documentation relating to the handover of research projects to the customer, this can include manufacturing, quality control and health and safety documentation.
• Prioritise and manage tasks to meet defined time scales.
• Use own initiative when required.
Liaise with other departments to maintain productive working environment.
• Support work experience and internship students.
• Adhere to all company Health and Safety/COSHH requirements as directed.
• Laboratory experience
• Experimental design
• Micro pipetting
• Some experience with Chromatography systems (HPLC/FPLC) desired but not mandatory
• Computer skills – word processing/presentation/spreadsheets.
• Experience in Haemostasis desired but not mandatory
• Company operates on a flexible working time system.
• Company Healthcare Scheme. As a member of the Equality Register, Hart Biologicals is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all communities.