Leica Biosystems - Bioprocessing Scientist
- Job Title:
- Bioprocessing Scientist
- Technical roles
- Closing Date:
We are looking for a Bio-Processing Scientist to join us in Newcastle. This is a phenomenal role for someone who has some experience & a relevant degree, although fresh graduates with the right drive will also be considered.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the preparation of raw materials to be used in the manufacture of antibody and Oracle (Her2) related products. This will involve skilled work within a tissue culture environment to produce antibody from hybridoma, cell cores from breast cancer human cell lines and use of specialised equipment for example a microtome to produce sections.
What you’ll need to do the job
- Adhere to all Environmental, Health and Safety Policies to ensure that risk is minimised as much as is reasonably practicable.
- Ensure all products flow through the manufacturing process error free and right first time.
- Speak Up to ensure that any concerns around Safety, Quality or Process are raised to line manager.
- Verify all materials used are within specification and all procedures are carried out in line with DMR and as described within QMS and SW.
- Actively maintain quality standards in line with the principles of cGMP.
- Actively participate in any DBS training/use of DBS tools and support any Danaher Business System (DBS) related activities to actively champion a culture of continuous improvement.
- Strive to exceed in all daily targets for their section, encouraging a Best Team Wins culture.
- Listen and responds to customer needs.
- Maintain equipment used as part of normal daily tasks, as appropriate.
- Any other reasonable task assigned by line manager for which the individual is deemed suitability skilled.
- Ensure that environmental monitoring is carried out and acceptable EM levels are maintained according to protocol.
- Actively participate in the investigation and reporting of non-conformances and report any errors.
- Participate as required with calibration and validation of equipment or processes within the department.
- Highlight any items that have not progressed at the expected rate.
- Ensure that WI associated with their area are regularly reviewed and updated according to QMS.
- Drive to maintain accurate inventories.
- To actively and effectively participate in the production of raw material for manufacture to ensure that Takt times are met.
Interested? Join the Leica Bio Systems Team!
- Degree (or equivalent) within Biomedical/Biological science.
- Experience of working within a regulated environment is desirable but not essential.
- Portrays a positive and hardworking approach to work.
- Ability to follow processes clearly and concisely.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written).
Want to join our growing team that is helping our customers do incredible work? We look forward to your application!