Iksuda Therapeutics - Booconjugation Scientist
- Job Title:
- Booconjugation Scientist
- Technical roles
- Closing Date:
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join Iksuda’s highly skilled team and contribute to the successful growth and positioning of the company as a thought leader in this technology arena.
Iksuda’s research team is responsible for developing the PermaLink® technology within the field of ADC therapeutics.
Reporting to Principal Scientist, the scientific team have significant input into the technical strategy whilst undertaking data review, report generation and external presentations to support Iksuda’s technology development and business activities.
• To contribute to technology development strategies and maintain a culture of continuous improvement and scientific excellence
• The execution, analysis and interpretation of experiments and the data generated
• Perform the synthesis of small molecules (e.g. cytotoxic drugs) and drug linkers
• Perform the conjugation of small molecules (e.g. cytotoxic drugs) to antibodies
• To operate process and analytical equipment and ensure its maintenance
• Effective communication of experimental results internally and externally
• Take part in H&S activities such as risk assessments and COSHH forms
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
It is essential that the successful candidate possess:
• Excellent technical skills
It is desirable that the successful candidate possess:
• Knowledge or experience of protein chemistry and synthetic organic chemistry
• Experience of the containment and safe handling of high potency cytotoxic materials
• An interest in biologics
• High level IT skills
The ideal candidate would:
• Be forward thinking and adaptable
• Have excellent attention to detail
• Have demonstrable decision making and problem-solving skills
• Be highly collaborative, self-motivated, team-oriented, with strong interpersonal skills
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills
Education and Training
A BSc in Chemistry
Start date to be agreed
Salary dependent on experience
How to apply
Please forward your CV and covering letter to Emma Powell, Operations Manager.
About Iksuda Therapeutics
Iksuda Therapeutics is a drug development Company specialising in the development of stable, safer, and superior Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs).
Our ADCs target difficult-to-treat cancers, including those that are resistant or refractory to current therapies.
We are building a pipeline of ADCs centred on:
- PermaLink® – proprietary conjugation chemistry for improved ADC stability
- Novel ultra-potent toxins for improved tumour killing
- Novel antibodies targeted towards well-selected antigens associated primarily with solid tumours
Our first wave ADC programmes include antibodies with proven premise in ADC formats and novel DNA damaging payloads.
We are working with leading research institutions in the US and Europe to develop exciting new therapies for the future. We are flexible in our approach to collaboration and welcome discussions with research groups who have novel ADC-relevant programmes.
We have developed a series of high-value ADC assets, which are available for collaborative research and license.