The primary aim of the Life Sciences Business Development Manager is growth through new customer acquisition and nurturing of existing customers to ensure portfolio expansion. Full support and training will be given to ensure credibility and knowledge of this specialist offering within the Air Products product range. The Speciality Products team will work closely with the incumbent to engender strong product and market knowledge, highly consultative selling skills and an understanding of customer applications within the biomedical sector.
In this role you will:
• Need to quickly develop a high level of product knowledge in the Life Science markets and support the regional and Major Accounts colleagues with this knowledge
• Be capable of managing a wide range of activities including prospecting for brand new customers and portfolio development at existing customers where opportunity is evident.
• The sales territories will be large and a high level of travel will be required to successfully grow the business. Field-based activities are expected to equate to approx. 75% of BDM’s time. Given the geographical scope, our preference is to base the role in the North West or Midlands where transport to the extremes of the region will be easier and the main mass of customers are easily accessible.
• This region is active for emerging Life Science companies, so a strong market presence is essential.
• As well as the core products for Life Science the role owner will need to sell all products needed by the Life Science account customers, therefore the job requires a highly collaborative approach with other specialist sales teams.
Ideal Skills and Experience:
• Demonstrable prior experience of selling added value high technology products with a consultative sales approach. Examples including, but not limited to, Speciality or Industrial Gases, laboratory chemicals or consumables, Life Science or medical equipment, analytical equipment. Alternatively, candidates with a science-based education and relevant experience of business development/ sales or account management within a sizable business.
• Evidence of strong new business achievement versus targets involving direct contact with prospects and excellent pipeline management.
• Excellent team skills and capability of successfully developing win/win situations with peers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers on the technical benefits of the products being sold.
• High energy, self-motivated and willing to travel extensively within the allocated area to maximize effective use of time.
We need dedicated and driven people who are committed, with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute. In return, we offer a culture of respect, challenge and innovation – with excellent opportunities for growth and development. We are a global business with solid financial performance and commitment to investment and growth. If this appeals to you, come and discover, care, accomplish and thrive at Air Products.
Click here to apply: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25091&siteid=5105&Areq=29473BR&Codes=LNKDNOH#jobDetails=703541_5105