CY Partners Scientific Recruitment - Senior Scientist (R&D)
- Job Title:
- Senior Scientist (R&D)
- Technical roles
- Closing Date:
Due to continued success, and to support growth plans of the business, a leading Life Sciences organisation is seeking to strengthen their research and development team in Newcastle upon Tyne by appointing a talented individual in a key and exciting Senior Scientist role.
This is a unique opportunity to provide technical leadership on project focusing on the development of new and novel IVD assays ensuring they are completed on time and within budget. This may also require a comprehensive literature search, a review of existing/rival products, and use of databases prior to deciding which approach to use.
Overall the role will involve:
- The generation and evaluation of detection systems for use in cancer diagnosis in manual and automated staining systems
- To provide technical leadership to a project; develop, plan, and execute experiments to drive the development of detection systems, ensuring that delivery of the project to business is within budget and on schedule
- Driving and supporting departmental innovations programmes and interacting with Innovations Department to initiative novel product development
- To manage multiple internal stakeholders throughout the product development process, from tissue culture production to manufacturing, to quality control and quality assurance for the benefit of the project
- Provide supervisory support and mentoring for a small project team
- Experience of carrying out Biochemical related Assays
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting IVDs and Biologics
- Previous experience within a regulated environment and understanding of Design Control
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific subject, PhD is highly desirable
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, possess a strong commitment to detail, and have the capacity to remain focused throughout a complex multistage process.
In addition to the attractive salary packages, our client offers generous holiday allowances, and a benefits package including pension and private medical insurance schemes.
If this sounds like you, apply with your CV now and feel free to contact Owain at CY Partners for more information - 07851 246839 / email@example.com