Cobra Biologics - Business Development Manager - USA
- Job Title:
- Business Development Manager - USA
- Non-technical roles
- Closing Date:
As a leading international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics and pharmaceuticals, Cobra Biologics offers a broad range of integrated and stand-alone contract development and manufacturing services for clinical trials and the commercial market. We take pride in manufacturing excellence and being a trusted provider, delivering what we promise and helping our customers to develop drugs for the benefit of patients.
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Business Development Manager, based in the USA, to drive opportunities for Cobra Biologics. The key objectives of this Business Development Manager role will be:
- Identify and close on current opportunities
- Grow the current Biotech/Pharma network
- Establish the strategy to grow plasmid DNA and viral vector sales in the territory
- Increase Cobra’s profile in the territory
- Build on track record for Cobra’s services
The role is self-sufficient, with specialist support teams in Keele, United Kingdom and Matfors, Sweden to provide scientific, technological, financial and legal support.
Key responsibilities and key performance indicators include:
- Putting a territory sales strategy and business plan into action and delivering sales results
- Generating leads by identification of new opportunities and converting these into business
- Creating visibility for Cobra in the Biotech and Pharma industry
- Introduce, actively promote and raise interest for Cobra’s comprehensive CDMO services by attending conferences, prospect and client visits
- Build and actively maintain a relationship with prospects, clients and a network among relevant industry players
- Actively selling to clients in the field using sales presentations and attending conferences
- Stay up-to-date regarding market and technology developments
- Gather account and client information for CRM database
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manger with a significant track record in contract development and/ or contract manufacturing sales for the Life Sciences sector. We would also consider those early in their BD career who can demonstrate they are ready to take on significant new responsibility.
You will be Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in a Life Science related discipline; a Masters degree, or PhD, in a science or business related discipline would be highly advantageous.
You will have:
- A good understanding of the biologics manufacturing services market for cell and gene therapy
- A network of contacts across the life science and pharmaceutical industry
- A basic understanding of the process required to develop a biologic product
- Track record of executing contracts from a range of clients for CDMO services
- An understanding of proposals, service contracts and negotiation of terms and conditions
- A proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
In addition, you will be:
- Organised and responsive
- Ambitious, with a strong drive to grow an existing business
- Basic analytical skills, strategic and selling skills
- High degree of integrity and sound judgement
- Self-starting, hands-on and self supportive
- Ability to take strong ownership
- Outstanding drive for excellence and results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player, supportive of achieving the overall company business strategy
- A passion for the type of advanced medicinal products in which Cobra Biologics are engaged
The role will be based in the USA and will involve travel up to 50% including international travel to the United Kingdom and Sweden. The role will cover the West Coast territory however applications will be considered from across the United States as there are local offices in Memphis, TN and Baltimore, MD for the successful candidate to base themselves from or nearby.
Applications should be sent in writing stating the appropriate reference number with full CV and current salary details via our website: www.cobrabio.com/jobs.