Type: Full time, permanent
RTC North Ltd is an independent, dynamic and highly successful organisation. We work with companies, individuals, clusters and the public sector to help regions create better and more, high value jobs. Established 30 years ago, RTC has a trusted reputation for delivering services in innovation and business growth. We specialise in the commercialisation of new products and services to build more innovative and vibrant economies. We provide support at all stages of the innovation and intellectual property protection process at regional, national and International levels. RTC is also a lead UK partner in the worlds’ largest business support network - Enterprise Europe Network – and has established relationships with partners in 60+ countries. We work closely with Innovate UK and deliver a number of business support services for them across the North. We currently have offices in Sunderland, Daresbury (Warrington) and Leeds.
RTC North is looking to recruit a highly motivated and dynamic advisor in innovation and internationalisation to be based in their Daresbury office. Your areas of responsibility will include:
Innovation Management Support
• Identify and recruit established SMEs that would benefit from coaching services designed to support innovative companies
• Diagnose key business challenges and weaknesses
• Develop a coaching plan to address agreed areas
• Deliver coaching and account management services
• Refer to other Innovate UK family services
• Provide advice on securing grant funding, raising investment, Intellectual Property, finding partners
• Identify and recruit SMEs that would benefit from internationalisation support
• Diagnose key international trade challenges and design tailored EEN support that meets these individual needs.
• Help businesses determine the profile of their ideal international Partner, and through EEN services help to identify suitable Partners in targeted countries.
• Provide advice on securing grant funding and finding international partners to build international research collaborations.
• Provide advice on Intellectual Property and how to Commercialise their IP
• Maintain accurately and timely all client activity documents & records, monthly reporting and CRM client data records.
• Build awareness of the various programmes by organising and/or participating at events that increase take up of the services
• Work collaboratively with key partners and stakeholders in the North West to deliver the best possible service to clients
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and experience
• Excellent communications skills
• ‘Hands on’ experience of working within an innovative company
• A high level of experience in supporting and coaching SMEs with innovation and/or internationalisation advice in industry/commerce.
• Will be positive, friendly, driven, self-motivated, team player and results-oriented
• Flexible approach to workload
• Strong project and time management skills are essential for this role as well as exceptional attention to detail in CRM data entry and record keeping
• The ability to quickly establish and build rapport with clients and stakeholders
• Experience in delivery of publicly funded programmes would be desirable
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to undertake this role, please forward your c.v. and letter of application, confirming current salary and benefits package to: email@example.com.
18th October 2019