Cobra Biologics - Principal Scientist, Downstream Processing and Purification
- Job Title:
- Principal Scientist, Downstream Processing and Purification
- Non-technical roles
- Closing Date:
As a leading international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics and pharmaceuticals, Cobra Biologics offers a broad range of integrated and stand-alone contract development and manufacturing services for clinical trials and the commercial market. We take pride in manufacturing excellence and being a trusted provider, delivering what we promise and helping our customers to develop drugs for the benefit of patients.
We are currently looking to recruit a Principal Scientist within Innovation at Keele, Staffordshire, UK. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving development activities and provide scientific oversight for downstream processing of plasmid DNA and viral products.
The main duties will include:
- Responsibility for customer and internal downstream R&D activities and process development delivery.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to develop existing staff.
- Working with multidisciplinary teams to determine the optimal technical and scientific approach for assigned development programmes.
- Supporting the scoping and development of required analytical methods.
- Responsibility for downstream technology and process transfer within the Cobra group or externally.
- Provision of recognised scientific technical expertise to the business.
- Supporting commercial activities and working closely with project management.
In addition, this role will provide high level expert opinion on science practiced within the Company and will assist management to formulate scientific strategy to ensure that Cobra has a competitive advantage in downstream process development and manufacturing technologies.
The applicant must be educated to PhD, MSc or BSc level (or equivalent) and have extensive downstream process development experience knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) is desirable. Experience in upstream processing is advantageous. The candidate will also be able to demonstrate:
- A broad knowledge of bio-processing with the ability to confidently interpret data, reach sound scientific conclusions, present, discuss and defend data/scientific direction both internally, to academic groups, management and clients.
- The ability to work independently with limited supervision, owning the scientific direction of their work as well as interact with customers.
- The ability to work in a multifunctional team.
- The ability to solve complex problems.
- The ability to demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.